You know it. You’ve probably memorized it in Sunday school class.
Psalm 23 – The familiar “the Lord is my shepherd” psalm.
You may have recited it in church or perhaps while solemnly standing in a cemetery. The words evoke comfort and peace like no other for me.
Did you know that there are 17 mini-assurances within the covenant psalm? I didn’t either until I picked up my small travel Bible the other day and stumbled upon words that were written in blue ink next to each verse.
The words are not my words. If only I were that eloquent.
This was something I read many, many years ago and was moved enough to write it down. I wish I knew the author’s name but, for some inexplicable reason, I did not include the attribution.
Read God’s assurances anew. Read them slowly and let them sink in. Claim them for your own. The words are yet another beautiful example of God’s love for you. They validate His promise to take care of you!
- The Lord is my shepherd – that’s relationship.
- I shall not want – that’s supply.
- He makes me lie down in green pastures – that’s rest.
- He leads me beside still waters – that’s refreshment.
- He restores my soul – that’s healing.
- He guides me in paths of righteousness – that’s guidance.
- For His name’s sake – that’s purpose.
- Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death – that’s testing.
- I will fear no evil – that’s protection.
- For You are with me – that’s faithfulness.
- Your rod and your staff, they comfort me – that’s discipline.
- You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies – that’s hope.
- You anoint my head with oil – that’s consecration.
- My cup overflows – that’s abundance.
- Surely goodness and kindness will follow me all the days of my life – that’s blessings.
- And I will dwell in the house of the Lord – that’s security.
- Forever – that’s eternity.
Can I get an “amen?” Oh how He loves you and me!
Be a blessing,